“If you want to be happy, BE” Leo Tolstoy

Sunday, September 5, 2010

School Days (and the city)

Kate wanted to wear the dress Grandma Jean gave her for school. She did great. She was so excited when I woke her up. I said,"Guess who is a kindergartner today?" She lay there with her eyes closed and smiled so big. When it was time for the parents to leave, Spen, Jess and I started out the door and I went back to give Kate her water bottle-she totally glared at me like, "Mom your embarrassing me." She is ready!

Jess picked out her skirt and jacket for her school clothes when we went school shopping. She wore her backpack and cried all day that she couldn't go to her school. I said, "Your only two Jess." "No Mom I'm three and I go to my school."

We headed to the city on our bikes for the last Farmer's Market of the season and got tons of great bread and cheese and produce. It was packed!

There were musicians everywhere. There was a man playing bagpipe near the Irish Pub. Classic since the whole world revolves around beer here.

These kids were playing some way fun folk and country music, Jess was dancing all around and the girls gave them their quarters. I could have stayed all day.

Jess was trying to look as ridiculous as possible in this picture-so there you go. (this pic is a good one to click on to get the full extent of Jess's ridiculousness.) Kate gave us all "Go By Bike" stickers from national bike to work day. We got some awesome jam and pickles from these farmers.

She carried her carrots and her cookies all around

We found the best eggplant to make Grandpa Bob's famous Melanzane.


5 comments:

  1. This is so FUN to see! I love seeing how happy you guys are. When I growup...I wanna be like you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun. Hard to believe it's the last of the season. You guys are wearing sweaters. Weird. I guess Fall's on it's way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making Madison look > Evanston. Stop it... I do not need to be jealous!

    Girls look beautiful! Yay for Kate!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, we are going to make melanzane for dinner this week too! Our eggplant is from our garden...probably not the best in the world. (also, random, I could swear when we've made it before, it was breaded but I found a recipe of his that doesn't say to bread it. Doesn't he bread it before he fries it??)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im so glad you make tome to post your cute pictures and tell us about your adventures. I feel like you arent quite as far away. It looks like a fantastic place for you and the kids, although someday you have to promise to move back home closer to us K?!

    ReplyDelete